Here’s a little pancake pick me up for you. I’ve been whipping up this delicious, healthy & quick fluffy pancake recipe for breakfast every day this week now and it’s definitely boosted my week so I thought I’d share the recipe!
They’re so ridiculously quick and easy to make and, even better, they’re healthy because I’ve replaced the usual added sugars and unrefined flour for a slow release of natural energy to last you until lunchtime!
Here’s the recipe (serves one person)…
1 banana, chopped
1/2 cup porridge oats
1/4 tspn cinnamon powder, allspice or prefered spice seasoning
2 tbs blueberries (tip: I find frozen mixed berries the more cost-effective)
1 tbs chocolate chips
INSTRUCTIONS (takes 5 mins, literally. I just like to write a lot!)
1. (If I’m in a super hurry I skip this step and they taste just as good!)
For smooth, American style pancakes, blitz the oats in a food processor for 15 seconds or so until they’re a fine powder.
2. Use a fork to mash the banana then mix in the oats, egg and spice (if you’re using it) until they’re blended evenly without any large chunks. Then, if you like, throw in the blueberries or chocolate chips.
3. Put a pan on moderate heat and grease so that the pancakes don’t stick. Quick tip: I like to use olive oil poured into a spray bottle to spritz the pan to make sure I don’t use too much.
4. Once the pan is warm, add a large serving spoonful of the mixture to the pan. This recipe makes two large or three small pancakes and I advise spooning the mixture into the centre of the pan and then tilting the pan to spread the mix to ensure that your pancakes are an even shape.
5. Cook on medium heat for approximately two minutes, checking that the underside of the pancake is browning nicely and, once the batter begins to bubble on the top side, use a spatula to flip your pancakes and cook until golden brown all over.
6. As a topping, I like to pop some frozen mixed berries in the microwave for 30 seconds or until they’re oozing with delicious berry juice. You can also stir in a cheeky tablespoon of honey to make a nice syrup.
7. Once your pancakes are done, flip them onto a plate and spoon your warm berry compote on top. Pour the excess juice around the edges of the plate for presentational flair and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (in case you’re into that sort of thing):
Want to enjoy this recipe on the go? You can actually make muffins from it too! So you can bake a bunch on a Sunday and have breakfast muffins to grab and go in the week and, of course, it’s just as easy to whip us as this healthy & quick fluffy pancake recipe was. Click here for the muffin version recipe.
Thank you for reading! In between posts you can see what I’m up to on Instagram stories here @missjadefraser – Jade x
Where Else to Find Me:
YouTube: For styling videos, tutorials and fun vlogs every Wednesday and Sunday
Instagram: For daily Insta stories sneak peaks and #RichBitchSecrets
Twitter: I retweet all the best ‘luxe for less’ deals I come across here 😉
Pinterest: Where I pin all the cool ‘luxe for less’ things we should buy! + outfit and home decor inspiration
Facebook: For all the ugly outtake photos from my blog shoots haha, it’s fun to laugh at yourself!